“From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.” (John 1:16)
In the movie, A Few Good Men, Demi Moore tells Tom Cruise, “I’m going to Cuba with you tomorrow.” Exasperated, he replies: “And the hits just keep on coming.”
We’re all good at cataloging the “hits” in our lives, but it’s better to highlight the blessings we receive whenever we can. We’ve had plenty recently, and we’d like to praise God for them.
• Installed today as a member of the Faith E.C. Church Staff (Pastor of Connectional Ministry).
• Promoted recently to ranked faculty member at Evangelical Seminary (Instructor of Biblical Studies and Practical Theology).
• Forging new connections in new places of ministry, and swimming again in the newly renovated Keystone Pool at Kutztown University.
• Installed today as a member of the Faith E.C. Church Staff (Ministry Director).
• Recently received an expanded role at Evangelical Seminary (Prospective Student Liaison).
• Completed the Master of Ministry degree program at Evangelical Seminary (with distinction).
• Continues to be a valuable part of the videography/editing team at WFMZ-69, covering important stories in the Reading-Berks region.
• Recently finished a multi-month review of Battlestar Galactica with his behind-the-times parents.
• He’s still “our beloved son in whom we are well pleased.”
• Continues to be a valuable part of the psychiatric support staff at Pennsylvania Counseling Services in Lebanon, PA.
• Recently served as a bridesmaid at a friend’s wedding.
• As Euripides said, “To a father growing old, nothing is dearer than a daughter.”
• Hitting his stride as a new family counselor at Salisbury Behavioral Health in Wyomissing, PA.
• Recently served as a groomsman at a friend’s wedding.
• We like him so much we once said to Bethany while they were dating, “If you guys break up, can we keep Micah?” 🙂
Social media is notorious for letting people present an overly polished image of themselves, and we don’t want to be guilty of that. So here are a few of our challenges.
• For Tim and Sonya, the plate is full again, and ministry is often a heavy burden to bear. The unseen landmines are everywhere, and we don’t want to step on them. Please pray that we would minister in the power of the Holy Spirit and with the joy of the Lord.
• For Drew, the stories he covers at Channel 69 are usually negative, and after a while, they can take their toll. Please pray that he would have some spiritual and emotional relief from broadcasting the endless heartbreaks of a fallen world.
• For Bethany and Micah, they’re 20-somethings finding their place in this world. Both are involved in therapeutic services to the public, so they also see much heartbreak in a day’s time. Please pray that they would have times of joy in the midst of the tough cases they process.
Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!
Thomas O. Chisholm (1866-1960)