All writers, researchers, educators, bloggers, and podcasters need to have good tools for the digital journey. (The “J” in my INTJ combo means that I really need to have some good tools in my belt—especially those of the organizing variety!) I’m exceedingly grateful that I do have a collection of wonderful resources to help me get things done. Below is a list some of my favorites.
The newest addition is an electronic adjustable standing desk for my home office. I love its flexibility and durability. Here’s a picture of it before I tucked the wires.
My only irritation with the setup is a literal irritation in my eyeballs. The amount of time I spend on Zoom these days (because of COVID-19) makes my eyes tired and bleary by the end of the day. So far, no headaches, but I do need to consult with my eye doctor about possible solutions. Can you tell I’ve “had it” here in this Zoom capture at my work office?
I need to stop wincing. It makes me look like I have wrinkles. 🙂 Anyway, here’s the list. Asterisks indicate my favorite productivity sites and apps. Feedly gets two asterisks because it’s beyond awesome. (No, they didn’t pay me to say that!)
- Apple MacBook Pro 16” (2019)
- Apple MacBook Pro 15” (2015)
- Apple Thunderbolt Display 27”
- Apple Extended Bluetooth Keyboard
- iPad Pro (2018) with Detachable Keyboard
- HP OfficeJet 8740 Printer, Scanner, Copier, Fax
- iPhone 7
- L-Shaped Ikea Desk Area
- Electronic Adjustable Standing Desk
- Lume Light Cubes
- Sony Bluetooth Headphones
- Large Desk & Credenza
- Personal Library Shelves
- Brother HL-3070CW Laser Printer
- Internet-Wifi Hub
- MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, 365)
- Apple (Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Reminders, Messages, FaceTime, iCloud)
- Safari (Browser)
- Chrome (Backup Browser)
- Start.me (Start Page and Bookmark Library) *
- Feedly (RSS Feed Reading and Tagging) * *
- WordPress (Personal Website and Blogging) *
- Pocket (Webpage Storage and Tagging) *
- WavePad (Audio Editing)
- Moneydance (Personal Finances)
- Logos Bibe Software (Biblical-Theological Studies) *
- Canvas (Educational Learning Platform)
- Zoom (Teleconferencing)
- Amazon Prime
Music, Radio, Podcasts
- iHeart Radio
Health & Fitness
- FitBit Versa 2
What are some of your favorite tools?
After the dissertation, the plan is to renovate the basement and turn it into a sizable home library, research center, and podcast studio.
Image Credit: challies.com.